Monday, April 25, 2016

OOC: Starting Positions

The Oracle

Name: Curtis Scanlon
Look: Male, Caucasian, Warm Clothing.
Demeanor: Volatile

Character Stats: Blood 0, Heart 0, Mind 1, Spirit 1
Starting Factions: Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1, Wild 1

Gear A simple apartment, a crappy car, a cell phone, 1 Set of unique items (Ritual objects collected from friends that keep the visions away)

Moves
Foretellings: At the beginning of the session, roll with Spirit. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. During the session, you can spend your hold to declare that something terrible is about to happen. You (and your allies) take +1 ongoing to avoid the impending disaster. On a miss, you foresee the death of someone important to you and take -1 to all rolls to prevent it.
Double Life: Take Mortality as a second Faction. When someone rolls with or marks your Faction, tell them which one is most appropriate.
At Any Cost: When you interfere with someone’s plans or actions to prevent one of your visions from coming true, mark their Faction and take +1 forward.

Character Theme Songs
Listen To The Radio - Tom Robinson
Atmospherics after dark 
Noise and voices from the past 
Across the dial from Moscow to Cologne
Interference in the night
Thousand miles on either side 
Stations fading into the unknown

Night Train - Bruce Cockburn
And everyone's an island edged with sand 
A temporary refuge where somebody else can stand 
Till the sea that binds us like the forced tide of a blood oath 
Will wear it down - dissolve it - recombine it

Ghosts In Empty House - Jukebox the Ghost
In my darkest hour when death is knocking at my door 
I can feel the tug of a thousand fingers 
But what are the ghosts here for 
They say: 
Beware, be wary 
Of secrets that you may keep 
Cause if they're any indication of what sorrow brings you 
Then don't take your demons to sleep

The Arrival - There's So Much Energy In Us - Cloud Cult
The mission's over now, and my breath is running out.
Can't let go of it, can't let go of it. 
I didn't mean what I said, I didn't mean what I said. 
I love you more than this. I love you more than this. 
Then lights they fill the air, or were they always there?
I finally see it. I finally see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment